Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I Sold My Soul to the Fairies

I sold my soul to the fairies,
When I was foolish and green;
Lost in a mystical frenzy,
Deep in the forest unseen.
Dark was the spirit who led me
To their perverse evening throng;
What was that potion she fed me,
Sweet on the tongue yet so strong?

That’s when I felt myself sinking
Into the Moon-haunted night;
Blackness enveloped my thinking,
Left me benumbed to my plight.
Soon they were circling around me
In a malevolent craze,
Rhythmically rapping their tabors
In the red campfire blaze.

Ever since then I’ve been falling,
It matters not how hard I try;
Cursed by one moment appalling,
Marked till the day that I die.
So, if you sell your soul to the fairies,
You need to know what to expect;
If you sell your soul to the fairies,
The fairies will always collect.

10 comments:

  1. This is like a dark fairy tale, and the rhyme adds to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good dark faerie tale! This was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for certain they do! I thoroughly enjoyed this romp with the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, shades of Keats, Yeats, Kipling, Christina Rossetti.... It reads just as if it belongs with all that fairy lore. But – a true story? Now I wonder if all theirs were really metaphorical too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it It took me straight to this place where fairies on drums move around the fireplace

    ReplyDelete

Every Robot is a Psychopath

Every robot is a psychopath, No matter what they say; Even ones that smile at you, And wish you a nice day. Every robot is a psychopath...